I’m Gilberto Sedioli, karate master and mechanical designer. In 2007 I began a project for the realization of a new makiwara with new features, for a better and easier usage, but respecting the ancient traditions of this training tool. Today the makiwara is used both by karate teachers, young students and old peoples. With my new karate models anyone can afford the makiwara training.
The target of my project are:
- Usage of washable and resistant materials.
- A tunable reaction force.
- A variable height of the board.
- A board which could be tilted at different angles.
- A tool easy to storage, when not used.
- A movable support, without the need of a fixed installation.